Incandescent, fluorescent, halogen, or LED. Whats the best choice for home and office lighting?
New technology in the last few years has come out with LED household lighting, and we’re all being encouraged to switch to LED light bulbs. Why should we do this?
• First off, what is LED? LED stands for light emitting diode.We won’t go into a lengthy explanation here, but google it if you’re curious…
• LED provides better illumination compared to any other light bulb. Fabric and wall colors look truer.
• LED lighting is easier on the eyes, causing less squinting and eyestrain.
• LED uses much less energy, so your power bill goes down, saving you money each month. Even though LED bulbs cost around three times as much, they use around a tenth of the power, so the cost evens out over time and saves you in the long run.
• A standard incandescent light bulb gives off a lot of heat. For example, who hasn’t burned their fingers at one time or another changing a light bulb? LED bulbs generate much less heat. You can easily change a bulb in a light that’s been on for hours.
• LED bulbs last, on the average, at least ten times longer than incandescent bulbs.
So, you’ll be doing yourself and the environment a big favor by making the switch to LED lights